HEC has a long history in Finite Element Analyses (FEA), also called FEM (Finite Element Method). In 1991 we introduced Rasna’s FEM software in the Benelux. The philosophy behind this software package fitted our mission exactly, promoting the use of simulation at the start of the product development process. By giving support to our clients for this (and other) FEM software we developed a lot of experience performing FEM analyses, both linear and non linear. Later these activities were split from the sales activities and transferred to a separate company, the current B.V. Ingenieursbureau H.E.C. Below some examples of simulations we can offer our clients:
Phone +31 (0)30 600 60 60 or
e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Large displacements (large deformations) including buckling and plasticity.
- Plastics and rubber using hyperelastic material models.
- Determine failure load using global plasticity (large strain).
- Static stability, like strength (strength analysis) or stiffness (deformations) of a construction (e.g. a frame) for different load cases.
- Dynamic analyses (dynamics calculation) like calculation of eigen frequencies (modal analysis, natural frequency) and the response of the construction (vibrations, oscillations) when loaded by an impact or force (time dependent, transient), explosions (including damping, excitation) or dynamic random analyses using PSD (Power Spectral Density).
- Earthquake analyses; calculation of stresses in constructions or buildings using a dynamic shock analysis with SRS (shock response spectrum).
- Fatigue analyses to calculate the fatigue life of a construction based on load cycles and spectra.
We have FEM tools to perform the following types of analyses:
- Linear / non-linear
- Nonlinear material model, such as elastic-plastic (elastoplastic), hyperelastic (Mooney-Rivlin), brittle fracture, etc.
- Time dependent (transient), e.g. strain rate dependency
- Buckling (linear and nonlinear)
- Large deformations (large displacement)
- Thermal expansion
- Combined thermal-structural analyses (both consecutive and coupled)
- Several solvers (direct solver, iterative solver, arc length, Newton-Raphson)
Besides classic FEA we also perform combined CFD-FEM analyses, such as:
- Calculation of stresses and deformations for complex temperature and pressure distributions by performing a flow and heat transfer analysis (CFD) first and transferring the results into a structural analysis (FEM).
We evaluate the results of our analyses according to standards (code, norm), e.g. ASME VIII div.2, EN 13445, Eurocode 3 (EN 1993) or Fitness-for-Service (API 579-1/ASME FFS-1). Furthermore we can deliver you a report of your analysed product which will be accepted by notified bodies like Lloyds, DNV GL or ABS.
We are also specialised in CFD analysis.